There are 3 main Body Types:
- ENDOMORPH: Big, high body fat, often pear-shaped, with a high tendency to store body fat.
- ECTOMORPH : Lean and long, with difficulty building muscle.
- MESOMORPH: Muscular and well-built, with a high metabolism and responsive muscle cells.
This topic will be a 3 – part series. In this BLOG, we will focus on the ENDOMORPHS, their symptoms, food and workout recommendations for them.
ENDOMORPHS or KAPHA in Ayurveda are the same body types.
They mostly suffer from inflammation/Kapha in the body.
Symptoms include hormonal disorders like Pcod, endometriosis, hypothyroidism. They also suffer from insulin resistance along with a tendency to gain weight around the belly.
Recommended Food for them would be, high protein combined with good fat. Carbs consumption should be restricted to only pre and post workout.
Recommended Workout for them would be Cardio
- HIIT Training for 30 minutes, 2-3 times a week
- STEADY CARDIO like Walking/Jogging or Running, 45 TO 60 minutes, 2-3 times a week
- STRENGTH TRAINING (optional) for 30 minutes before cardio and then finish off with 30 minutes cardio.
The reason why cardio is recommended for this Endomorphs is because they struggle to burn fat. For them to come to a fat burning zone it takes about 20-25 minutes, so they have to do a minimum of 45 minutes steady state cardio to burn fat.
Can ENDOMORPHS build muscle or get skinny?
Yes, they do build muscle fast but they also tend to gain fat fast, so for them a combination of both form of excersises is recommended if the goal is to keep growing muscle mass and lower body fat percentage.
There is always a possibility to achieve a perfect body, if you can put that consistency in your training, nutrition and mindset!
Contact us, if you have any questions.